First of all, I’d like to say a big “thank you” to Costa Rice Travel Blog for nominating thefriendlygiraffe for this award! I am very touched to be connected with the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” as inspiring other people (writers, travelers, readers or dreamers) is exactly what this blog was intended to do. Initially, it was to fulfill a void in my own storage of inspiration. I wanted to write about something I loved (actually, I just wanted to write, period) and thus, thefriendlygiraffe was born.
Starting this blog inspired me to get creative about content, put my pen to paper (or fingers to they keyboard) and stay disciplined in updating a growing readership of like-minded individuals wanting to learn about the world outside themselves. In short, receiving a blog for being inspiring simply inspires me to keep writing and reminds me why I started this blog in the first place.
Rules and Regs of the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
7 Travel memories to last a lifetime
So, what are 7 interesting things about thefriendlygiraffe? Well, let’s switch things up a bit shall we? Instead of listing facts that you may (or may not) find interesting about me, here are my top 7 travel memories (in no particular order and any of which could be rivaled by a million others along the way):
1. Being proposed to atop a sand dune as the sun set over the Moroccan desert.
2. Arriving in Paris at age 18, kissing the pavement and claiming a future apartment on Rue Dante.
3. Dancing alongside spectators from around the world as Shakira blasted through Green Point Stadium in Capetown, South Africa during the 2010 World Cup.
5. Enjoying an early morning jog along the river in Florence and over the Ponte Vecchio, just as the city was waking up.
6. Picking up my future husband during the Full Moon Party in Thailand with one single line: “where’s your bucket?”
7. Sitting on top of a hill while backpacking in Geneva, Switzerland, eating canned carrots and peas and then spotting a Starbucks and blowing all my food money on a taste of home.
Paying it forward!
In the spirit of “paying it forward”, I nominate the following bloggers as recipients of the “Very Inspiring Blog Award”. Check out their blogs and be ready, to be inspired!
2. Travel Tips
6. Emily Luxton
10. Pursuit of Life
12. Living Big