Welcome to thefriendlygiraffe! Thefriendlygiraffe is a travel and lifestyle blog covering anything, and everything, of interest to… well… me… and it has just been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! The award is given out by bloggers to bloggers who are up and coming and in the process of making a name for themselves in the industry!
I was recently by nominated by Kristy at The Gobetrotting Canuck (thank you Kristy) and, in the spirit of following the rules and spreading the blog love, here is my follow-up post!
1. Share 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions
11 Random facts about myself
- I bent down on all fours and kissed the ground the first time I visited Paris.
- I have a broken thumb on my left hand from soccer years ago which makes me, technically, half monkey – and only half giraffe.
- I’m a morning person and have been known to yell “Good Morning” out the window on particularly sunny days.
- I’m naturally strawberry blonde, but considering my clumsy nature, I’m still waiting for the strawberry to kick in.
- I am an avid believer in getting what you give. Do good, and good things will happen to you! Long live Karma.
- I’m a dog person, and a horse person, but definitely not a cat person.
- I’ve known Pelé’s real name since I was ten years old.
- Despite being a proud Canuck, I loathe the winter. My instinct is to hibernate at the first sign of snow.
- I used to wear Elizabeth Arden perfume “Beauty” so I could tell people I was wearing “Arden Beauty”.
- I’m anal about symmetry. If there are tops, there must be bottoms, angles must even out and sides must line up. It’s sad, I know but very true.
- I have an insatiable urge to discover the world – and write about it.