Mark Twain once said; “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover”.
Care to join me?
Simply click on the country name to read a story (or two…) that reveals bits and pieces of why I went, what I saw and the lessons I learned from discovering the world around me. Here you will find links to posts reflecting years of travel and adventures yet to be had!
Looking to enjoy an opera in Prague? Hunting for advice on overnight trains in India? Searching for a great hotel in Zurich? Caution: You just might find the answers you seek… and more! Whether you’re in the mood to sit back and read about my love for mango sticky rice, or discover the beauty of Morocco through the eyes of a wandering giraffe, there is something here for everyone.
So sit back. Take a deep breath, and ready yourself for the adventures of my lifetime! Below are countries I’ve visited to date. Some come with stories. Some were a long time ago. All of them together make up the traveling soul of thefriendlygiraffe.
- Cambodia: Phnom Penh and Siem Reap; Why My Husband Still Owes Me a Trip To Vietnam
- Canada: Montreal; Ottawa; Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake; St.Jacob’s Village and Market & Kitchener; Beautiful British Columbia, Part 1 (Giving Vancouver the run around); Beautiful British Columbia, Part 2 (Where to eat and drink in Vancouver); A weekend in Quebec City: A romantic getaway for any (and every) traveler; Willow Trace Bed and Breakfast, Collingwood, Ontario
- Costa Rica: Living the Pura Vida! 7 days at the Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica; Living the Pura Vida! Behind the Best Cup of Coffee in Costa Rica; Living the Pura Vida! Zip lining through the jungle in Costa Rica
- Curacao: Curacao: One Week at the Santa Barbara Inn and Golf Resort
- Czech Republic
- England: London Calling, Part 1 (Things to See) ; London Calling, Part 2 (Things to Do); London Calling, Part 3 (What and Where to Eat), London Calling, Part 4 (Where to Shop)
- Finland: Kuopio: An unexpected oasis in the north of Finland
- Germany: Best of Munich #10 Schloss Nymphenburg, Best of Munich #9 Dachau, Best of Munich #8 Neuschwanstein, Best of Munich #7 Odeonsplatz, Best of Munich #6 Viktualienmarkt, Best of Munich #5 Free Walking Tour of Munich, Best of Munich #4 Cohibar, Best of Munich #3 Hofbrauhaus, Best of Munich #2 Marienplatz, Best of Munich #1 Englischer Garten
- Greece: Athens (and more), Poseidon of Paros Resort and Spa: A piece of paradise in beautiful Paros, Greece
- India: The Taj Mahal ; The Golden Temple; Wagah; Pushkar; Varanasi; It’s the journey; New Delhi; Tiger Fort
- Indonesia: Bali, Yogyakarta and Borobudur
- Malaysia: Malacca
- Russia: A 3-day discovery of St.Petersburg: Pre-departure, Transportation and Hotel, A 3-day discovery of St.Petersburg, Russia: A walk (and cruise) through the historic centre – Day 1, A 3-day discovery of St.Petersburg, Russia: Peterhof, Pelmeni and Swan Lake, A 3-day discovery of St.Petersburg: The Hermitage, Cafe Singer and the best souvenir shop in town
- South Africa: Capetown; World Cup 2010
- Tanzania: Part 1/2 – Giraffe in the homeland: 8 weeks volunteering overseas in Tanzania, Part 2/2 – Giraffe in the homeland: The Serengeti, Kilimanjaro and final thoughts on volunteering overseas
- Thailand: Bangkok; Full Moon Party, Kho Phan Nhang; Krabi, Kho Phi Phi and Chiang Mai
- Turks and Caicos
- United States: Chicago; Pittsburgh (central); Pittsburgh (Oakland); Florida (Siesta Key, Sarasota); New York City with Baby: Passport applications, pre-departure, and landing in NYC; Baby’s First Flight: A Wintery Visit to New York City, What happens in Vegas: How to Bachelorette in Sin City, Weekend-ing in Washington: The Perfect Parent Escape, 5 Delicious (and Thirst Quenching) Ways to Enjoy Boston
- Wales: The Marble Church: A piece of Canadian History in Northern Wales; Tu hwnt i’r bont: The best kept secret in Northern Wales
6 thoughts on “tails from thetravelinggiraffe”
Love your blog!
Thanks so much!
hey ardo! its me becca with jorden! we LOVE your blog! keep up ze good vork. Love ur blog arden-jorden
Thanks for your support girls!!!
Wow~~that’s a lot of country….Very cool!!!